Monday, January 11, 2016

Mosquitos são mortes, mas, O Sacerdocio é ótimo!

BOM DIA

Mosquitoes are death people!!! Seriously, yes.  One of the sisters I live with just got what we are being told is Dengue (a deathly disease spread by mosquitoes- wow and I literally just got bit by a mosquito as I was typing this) this week and it´s sad to see the pain she´s in, but the reason I´m telling you this to start out my email, is because last night her fever was increasing dangerously fast.  So we had two Priesthood holders from their branch come and give her a blessing.  She was able to fall asleep and her fever broke! She can only get better from here! SO, mosquitoes are death, but the Priesthood is excellent! I know that The Priesthood is the power of God and it is soooo real! :)

Anyways, this week was very good! On the way to our last District Meeting I lost my name tag, so I had to get a new one with a label of my name on it really quickly in the city of Recife.  I´m sad because it had all my stickers from the CTM on the back :( but tudo bem.  We had to move the baptism of Julio Cesar because he is not ready and hasn't been able to understand all the lessons and really gain a testimony, so we hope and pray we can have it soon! We set three more baptismal dates for Lorinaldo, Camilla, and Terezina. They are so awesome and just so receptive to the gospel, and it makes me feel really blessed to be in this area!

When I teach a lesson, and the people understand me, I've come to realize that that is when they have their hearts open and are able to look past my white, American skin and my strange stoaque (accent) and feel the Spirit and hear the message of the gospel.  In other words, they have been prepared to hear the gospel! I was teaching a lesson to Terezina, and I had to teach a little more this time... and I had never taught this certain part before.  I prayed to be able to have the courage to try to teach it and to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and bring the spirit and make sense.  I don´t remember what I said, but I do remember that as I was talking, I conjugated a verb I never use without even thinking, and I ALWAYS have to think hard to be able to conjugate correctly, and usually it´s still wrong haha.  BUT, I know the spirit helped me do that.  He put the words in my mouth.  It's exciting to see how much more I learn each day.

I know the Gifts of the Spirit are real. I know this church is the original church that Jesus Christ established on the earth.  We have all the parts today (as mentioned in Ephesians 4:11) including a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson! How blessed are we to know of the true gospel of Jesus Christ! I am so grateful to have this knowledge, and that´s why I agreed to learn a new language so that everyone could hear this gospel in their native tongue! I´m so grateful for all my missionary friends! I love you all and I pray for all of you friends and family! Miss you!

Love, 
Sister Garrick

lots of cows in the street



cute little aqua-verde chapel

1 comment:

  1. ZIKA VIRUS=possible help here==the virus has a lipid envelope that it forms with the fat of a person==the lipid cover protects the virus from our immune system==coconut oil LOTS DAILY has lauric acid and this will strip the virus of its cover and our immune system will kill it==even better than the OIL is MONOLAURIN made from coconuts=it will work alot faster==you must also give mega doses of vitamins and change the diet===jesus bless you

    ReplyDelete

Pages