Monday, February 13, 2017

Thiago 1:5 (James 1:5)

This week the whole mission read a talk that hurt- like I felt physical pain, but I was motivated and elevated as I finished it.  If you guys want to feel it and let The Atonement push and pull you I invite you to read the talk, "Beware of Pride," by Ezra Taft Benson: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1989/04/beware-of-pride?lang=eng&query=ezra+taft+benson (Read the scriptural references as well because they MAKE this talk).

Well tomorrow we will have a zone conference with our zone (the north zone) and the zone Jardim de São Paulo (Saint Paul´s Garden Zone- hahahaha I love translating Portuguese to English it’s the best).  We are going to learn how to PLAN better as a mission! We found an incredible family this week but they need to get married, but the lesson was so spiritual!  The father of the family said, “I'll read this book, and I’ll ask our Father if it’s true, and if I see that it’s true, I will be baptized."  It was so special.  This week I was called to repentance as I read the talk, Lest Thou Forget," by Ronald A. Rasband (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/lest-thou-forget?lang=eng) because I need to always remember to write in my journal and record my spiritual experiences!! Let us ALL do that!! 

Love you all! I know that Christ runs this church because it´s His.  I really surely know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that James 1:5 is directed specifically to us.  If anyone wants to know God’s will, follow James’s counsel and "ask God" because he "giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not." 

Until next week,

Sister Garrick :)



I can´t get over the view from our house never- the water was so blue this day!




 old name tag vs new name tag


souvenir


(From Sister Garrick's mom: a picture that 
Sister Sousa sent to me this week of the two of them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages