Friday, November 27, 2015

I Caught the.... "CTM Blues!"


Boa tarde!
I caught the CTM Blues this week... otherwise known as a virus that´s been going around here! But, I got my meds and it´s all good.  I´m getting better each day! 

First and foremost, FELIZ O DIA DE AÇÃO DE GRACAS!!! (HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!) I hope you all had the best meal and had so much to be grateful for this year! Here, in Brazil Thanksgiving isn´t a thing, but the workers here at the CTM STILL put on a wonderful Thanksgiving day feast with turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie and ice cream! They even decorated... it was insane! I was so happy! :)  They have Black Friday here too, but it´s not real because 2 months before Black Friday they jack all the prices up and then on Black Friday they go back down to their normal prices... estranho.

Later that night, we were able to watch a special Provo MTC devotional that was broadcast to all the MTCs around  the world! I was so sad I didn't get to see Linda :( BUT, I did see my cousin Taylor Woolwine singing in the audience, so that was way cool! Dallin H. Oaks and his wife spoke and his children and grandchildren played music during it.  It was so awesome! They also showed a Mormon message called, "In The Spirit of Thanksgiving." You should all go watch it- it´s legit.



On Wednesday we went proselyting!! We took a city bus to the front of a university and a train station.  Yes, we faced a lot of rejection and it was hard not to be shy, but my companions and I handed out 9 Books of Mormon in Portuguese, speaking to people in some sort of Portuguese, in less than an hour and a half! It felt good to talk to those people that truly were interested in what we had to say and what this true book had to say.  

Our "investigator" Ana Beatriz just committed to baptism! The Spirit was so strong during that lesson! Anybody could´ve felt that.  God was helping us so much and you could tell how much He loved Ana.  We are so happy she recognized what she was feeling! Our lessons are getting easier because we don´t have to think about how to conjugate every verb and how to phrase every sentence when we speak.  I´m nowhere near close to fluent or probably even sufficient haha, but I can testify that the Gift of Tongues is real and a Spiritual Gift from God.

My companions and I were asked to sing a song at Devotional soon! We are singing an arrangement I made up of Silent Night in Portuguese! We are so excited... as long as I get my voice back haha... story of my life.  Anyways, I miss all of you, thank your for your prayers, emails, letters, love, and support.  Eu amo vocês! 

Paz e benções,
Sister Jillie Garrick :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages