Monday, February 8, 2016

Vamos Pular para Discursos de Carnaval!

Hey everybody!

We found a place to email during this crazy holiday! Apparently the actual ACTUAL day of Carnaval is going to be on Tuesday, so I´m wondering how truly crazy that day will be, but it´s been pretty safe for us here (eyes included) because we have to be in our house by 5:00 each day and we have been given talks to read that are so amazing about conversion, and it made me realize how much of a process being truly converted to Jesus Christ really is.  Our goal here isn´t baptisms, it´s conversions! We truly are here to help people increase their faith in Jesus Christ, and that includes the first step of baptism because faith without works is dead! Let me just tell ya´ll, I LOVE the mission and I LOVE Brasil.  I don´t know what I´m going to do when I have to leave.

I don´t know exactly what to say because it´s honestly been pretty hard for our investigators to progress with Carnaval, but we did have one awesome investigator come to church with us on Sunday and it was great to have him tell us how much he liked learning in Priesthood.  He´s way awesome! 

I will send some photos along with this quick email, but I just want to say that I know this church is true.  I know that it´s not sufficient enough to have faith if we don´t have works.  We become converted members of the gospel of Jesus Christ when we realize that it´s all for Jesus Christ.  We want to follow His perfect example because we love him.  I also realized this week as I was reading in Mosiah (the chapters with King Benjamin) that the reason we need to serve others is because when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God.  We literally owe our lives to Him.  He gave us our bodies and our opportunity to learn and grow and return to Him, so why wouldn´t we serve His children here on the earth?  We are internally indebted to him, yet He is so merciful and forgiving.  This might sound like a rant, but I am just so humbled and filled with his love.  My testimony is that there is no greater work than missionary work and there is no gospel more perfect that the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love you all and love hearing from you!  Thank you for your prayers!

Boa Tarde,
Sister Garrick :)

Photo 1: At a ward activity today to pass Carnaval on holy grounds :)



Photo 2: My mom sent one of my shirts to give to Sister Aguair because she really wanted something BYU haha


Photo 3: Carnaval em casa haha 


 Photo 4: All the fruit we obtained on our short walk home from trees in parks! Hahaha I LOVE BRASIL!!  Forget grocery stores ;) 



Photo 5: This awesome man in the Maues Branch of the other sisters that we love and I have a special place in my heart for him because of his special needs :) He asked me if I came here from The United States to celebrate Carnaval! Haha quite the contrary- to save people from it ;)
 


okay one more- churrasco, arroz, feijão, and just super yummy food! Que gostoso! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages