Monday, December 26, 2016

White Christmas in Recife

Did you say WHITE Christmas...? in Recife???

Heck yes!  Because Lucilene was dressed all in white for her special BAPTISM!!  The jumpsuit was a little big for her, bit it was a spiritual morning! :)

I hope you all had a great week!  This week we  painted a house which was fun-and it actually turned out good!  What a blessing! haha.  We also had Christmas conference which was awesome because it was centered on Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Then, on Christmas we talked with our families!! YAY! My aunt, uncle, and cousins were at my family's house and surprised me which was way cool! I was so excited and I got to hear Holly's laugh again and that made my day. 😂

I learned this Christmas that Christ gave us his life and that he broke the bonds of justice and redeemed us from the Fall.  I understood a little bit more of the incredible plan of salvation that our dear Heavenly Father created for us.  I love Him and I love my Savior.  The plan of redemption, happiness, and salvation also has one other name- and it´s the Doctrine of Christ- faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  When we live this, we are able to receive Christ´s grace and apply his atoning blood in our lives. May we all make goals to be better disciples of Christ this 2017.

Happy New Year,
Sister Garrick🎉


Christmas morning! Lucilene´s baptism!


Christmas Morning!


Painting a house





Christmas Conference!




Grandma, mom, and daughter- 3 generations

Moms and their daughters

Sister Sanguino!

Sister M. Costa!

Back together again- we all arrived together... and peanut ice cream…





How many horses?

I ate bacalhau espiritual -yes that´s the name

Rio Doce

101 Dalmatians-Brasil Version


From Sister Garrick's mom: A selfie from the Christmas mission conference by 
Recife Mission President Rory Bigelow. 
 "Conference of Christmas with the best missionaries in the world!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages