Monday, March 7, 2016

TRANSFERS

Hello all! 

This week a lot happened! George was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! He is so awesome and is going to make a very good leader in the church one day! He is already a great example for me.  
The day after the baptism, we went to Recife to get a boot for Sister Gomes´ foot. Thankfully she´s doing a lot better now! But this week it was hard to work because we pretty much had to stay in the house because walking a lot would worsen her foot and she also had Dengue which causes pains in the whole body.  But don´t worry- she´s a LOT better!
This week we found out about transfers, and I was transferred to the city of Gravatá, area Boa Vista! It´s about an hour more interior from where I was. My new companion is Sister Feltran! I actually met her on Facebook before the mission which is cool! She is super sweet and I´m so excited to work here with her! Gravatá is known for being the coolest part of the mission (temperature wise).  It´s still hot and sunny during the day, but at night my comp said she sleeps with a comforter!!! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?!?! In Vitória, we always sleep with 2 fans on top speed with no blankets, and we are literally dying. Every.night.  This is an incredible blessing in my life to be able to sleep with a blanket. haha! It was so sad to leave our ward and Sister Gomes, Aguiar, and Iglesias, but I know I need to be here in Boa Vista now! I´m excited to get to work! And I´m really used to moving to different houses- so this is nothing ;) 

Thank you for all your support and prayers,
Sister Garrick 

Photo 1: George's baptism!



Photo 2:  My ticket for our quick trip to Recife



Photo 3:  Last District meeting in Moreno :(



Photo 4:  George's 2 year old daughter, Julia so cute!



Photo 5:  Bye Sister Gomes :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages