Monday, May 30, 2016

É Janga Bença

Oi amigos, amigas, familiares, e mais.

I am doing well! I hope you all are as well! Let me just tell you that I am living in a state of paradise.  Bom- the work is hard. But, Janga is a paradise.  Everyone loves the missionaries here.  I´ve gotten so much free juice and snacks here walking on the streets, with my sandals on the side of the beach with the wind blowing through my hair hahaha.  I think I´m going to move back here after the mission and live in one of the chique apartments with my hammock overlooking the beach drinking my acerola juice. I also saw the cutest yellow crab the other day walking on the sand! I´m so sad I didn’t have my camera with me :( aaaaand unfortunately I don´t have any photos of the beach because it´s kind of dangerous to be walking around with these types of things during the day and I don´t have any today because it´s pouring rain like CRAZY!!  When it rains, it´s so powerful that it could probably put holes in your umbrella, and most of our streets are just sand so they flood in just 3 seconds of rain. Mas é Janga bença as the people say here.

I´ll be honest, the work is a lot harder here than in Gravatá, but we are working A LOT with members.  We have a super strong ward and they are giving us lots of referalls and are asking to teach with us so we are super pumped.  I would like to share a quote by our prophet, Thomas S. Monson with you all that we can all learn from and that helps us when we have challenges to not get discouraged: "All have opportunities for service to our Heavenly Father and to His children here on earth.  It is contrary to the spirit of service to live selfishly within ourselves and disregard the needs of others.  The Lord will guide us and make us equal to the challenges before us." I know that this is true.  I know that when we put the Lord’s will in front of our own  and when we keep all the commandments He has set for us that miracles happen.  I’ve seen this before and during the mission in my life, but especially now.  The Lord really does make us equal to our challenges.  Nothing is impossible; and every hard thing we overcome makes us more like Christ and more prepared to meet Our Father in Heaven once again.  I will never be able to express how grateful I am for all of you and your prayers, love, and support.

Vai bença,
Sister Garrick ;)

Photo 1: Distrito Paulista


Photo 2: My companion, Sister Sanguino


Photo 3: The streets of Janga (and this isn´t even close to the worst of it)


Photo 4: I love tapioca with bananas and nutella



Photo 5: Bolo de rolo mmmmm :) (cake with guava inside)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages