Monday, May 2, 2016

THE BEST TRANSFER OF MY LIIIIFEEEE

WHY????

I will explain. 

Hello all!!! 
This week was so great!! I had the great privilege to watch 4 of our amazing investigators (Lucas, Cleyson, Maria Luiza, and Maria Eduarda) be baptized all one the same day and then watch them all receive the gift of The Holy Ghost the following Sunday!  They were all so happy and are preparing to go the temple and serve missions already! They have such good goals! I love them so! 

So this transfer will be the best transfer of my mission (probably) because we had 4 sweet baptisms already, which means we get to have an additional P-DAY with President Bigelow and his family, our District met our goal of 12 baptisms for a transfer already, so we get to pass a P-DAY together as well, next week I get to talk with my family on Mother´s Day :)))), and later that week we get to go to the temple again!!!!!, and we get to have interviews with President as well! I´m so excited and I don´t know why this week and transfer so far has brought us so many blessings, but I am humbled and grateful. We are finding great people to teach and this past fast and testimony meeting, in both sacrament meetings the testimonies were focused on missionary work and we received lots of referrals this week which was a blessing as well! Oh yeah, and our two wards here are going to join together and become one ward, even though the Boa Vista ward is growing, but it´s going to make our work easier and the Lord inspired this change, so it´s going to be GREAT! :) 

I found this quote in a Liahona magazine this week, "Cultivate the art of the soft answer.  It will bless your homes, it will bless your lives," - President Gordon B. Hinckley
I think this is so true! Patience is a virtue and Satan is the father of contention.  If we want peace in our homes, love in our families, friendship in our social lives, we need to cultivate the soft answer.

ALSO FOR MY MISSIONARY FRIENDS: one thing my bishop here told me yesterday is that how many people closed their doors on you? 5? 10? 20? and we were like way more! and he said what do you say to people when you knock on their doors, hi my name is sister garrick from Texas.  no you say you are missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ so they aren’t closing their doors on you- they are closing their doors on our Savior which is sad but you are doing your part, and you are doing HIS work and you are entitled to HIS help.

Love you all and am grateful for your prayers! Happy Mother´s Day to my mom, grandmas, aunts, etc! 

Beijos,

Sister Garrick 





Angel Moroni ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages