Monday, September 26, 2016

LAST WEEK OF THE TRANSFER

Welcome to the new transfer! My new companion had to travel so long to make it to Boa Viagem... JK! My new companion is Sister Lopez! She was training in Pina and lives in the same house as me! Hahaha we have grown to be super great friends so this transfer is going to be full of a lot of happy working and laughter! We´re so excited! :)  We will be the Sister Training Leaders now here in Boa Viagem because Sister Juárez is leaving me. :(  Tomorrow we bring her to the airport to go to home to Mexico! Thankfully she gets to stay with us one more night! 

This week President Bigelow spoke in our ward.  He read D&C 18:10 that everybody knows about the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.  But he said that sometimes we don´t read verse 11 afterwards that talks about the Atonement. In Corinthians we read that we were paid for a price.  The price was a price of a god- our Savior Jesus Christ.  We need to constantly be repenting and trying to get better.  He said that when we come unto Christ and our Heavenly Father we see more easily our weaknesses. He said we can become examples of Ether 12:27 that says that as we call upon God and show him our weaknesses, they can be made strong.  I know that that is true and it sure made me feel good!  If I see my weaknesses this means I am closer to Christ that ever before and this applies to all of God´s children.  We CAN repent and we SHOULD repent daily.  We can use The Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives and prepare to be made perfect and live celestial laws.  We are not gods and goddesses yet, but one day we will be and as it says in The Book of Mormon, now is the time we have to prepare to meet God.

I know this is true and I know that God reveals his secrets and the truth of His gospel to his servants, the prophets.  This Saturday and Sunday we will have the marvelous privilege to hear from the living prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, his counselors, the 12 apostles, and other church leaders.  We have the opportunity this week to prepare spiritually to receive personal revelation and revelation for our families in some cases.  We are invited to read our scriptures, pray with real intent, and ponder questions that you might have and don´t have the answer too, and also "what lack I yet?" and how we can improve and progress as children of God in this difficult world.  I know that as we prepare to hear the prophet, our minds will be enlightened, and we will become better disciples of Christ and Latter-day Saints.  Let us follow the invitation that King Benjamin gave to his people before they heard his message: 

 And it came to pass that he began to speak to his people from the tower; and they could not all hear his words because of the greatness of the multitude; therefore he caused that the words which he spake should be written and sent forth among those that were not under the sound of his voice, that they might also receive his words.
  And these are the words which he spake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.
I am grateful for all of your support and love!  Thank you for your kind messages and your prayers!  And since my family calls me Jillie Beans, I'll sign off in a new way!
Tchau Tchau,
Sister Feijão
Last district meeting!





Last Sunday for Sister Juárez! :(  Photos with Paula, Heribetro with his missionary tag, and Bispo Paulo Berneguer e família dele!





The jerseys for Santa Cruz that our recent converts surprised us with!! WOW! English class sign and when Paula went teaching with us we found a giant Pixar lamp.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages