Monday, July 25, 2016

Legit

Hey ya´ll! 

This week was great! We did our first exchanges and it was da hora.  That means like legit.  Do people say legit still?... probably not.  OKAY! I never have time for these emails but tudo bem.  I got to work with Sister Iglesias this week.  She is an amazing sister from Curitiba and I learned a lot from her! 

BUT THEN

This week.... we finally did it.... we bought PANTS and USED them! WEIRD! But super comfortable.   I also bought some maxi skirts/dresses... it might be hotter and wierder, but if it´s going to protect us from these viscious mosquitos, sejam bem-vindas, calças! 

We had a lot of investigators that we had to drop this week because unfortunately, they aren´t progressing, but I know that just means that we will be able to find those who are TRULY searching for this wonderful truth now! 

This week we also went to the airport to renew my comp´s visa which was a bit odd... can you say tranque??  

I would like you all to take a little bit of time in Family Home Evening, this week, or maybe on Sunday to read this talk https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1996/10/the-atonement?lang=eng called "The Atonement" bu Russell M. Nelson.  It is amazing and helps us understand why we are here and how we can use the Atonement to make it back to our Heavenly Father. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.  I know that he can help us in our trials, he can succor us and bring us back into his arms.  He is the perfect testament of the scripture, "...the Lord hath redeemed my soul... ; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love." I love my Savior.  I have seen The Atonement of Jesus Christ CHANGE- literally change lives.  I know this power exists and I know this church and this gospel is true because it is of Jesus Christ. 

I would like to challenge you all to do something super special- take a piece of paper.  Write down the names of all the people you know that live near you and pray about which one of them is prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I testify as a literal representative of Jesus Christ, that God is preparing at least one person that you know to hear the message of the gospel.  Give that referral to the missionaries! They´ll love you forever! I love and miss you all! :)

Continue firme gente,
Sister Garrick




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages