Thursday, March 23, 2017

SO MANY LANGUAGES

Hello!!!

This last week I was called to train again in my last transfer and so my companion for the day was Sister M. Costa (AGAIN!).  On Tuesday we went to the temple with the trainers and everyone got to meet their new companion.... except for me! Haha my companion, Sister Seiuli has been serving in California for 4 months waiting for her visa and it finally got here!  Her flight got delayed, so I had to be companions with Sister Bigelow, the Sisters from Jardim Atlântico, and a member until she arrived 2:00 in the morning the next day! It was for sure interesting! She is so great!  She is from Samoa, but grew up in California.  She is all trained already, just is learning Portuguese, and as we try to go out and talk to the people, we start talking a bunch of languages- English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Samoan.  It's way funny, but we'lll get there.

Emerson and Clarissa were baptized and it was such an incredible day!  The spirit was so strong and their and our joy was full.  One of our ward missionaries was able to receive 30 referrals for us from the members.  We were like, "WHAT!!"  Way cool!  Okay I have to go but I'm so glad to be here with my companion and for the people we are teaching that want to follow Jesus Christ!

Love,
Sister Garrick
Missão Brasil Recife


 Temple pics and breakfast at President's house


                            

                             

                                       




scary doll

the streets during Carnaval

At Marco Zero with my companion for the day


With Sister Bigelow, Mission president's wife



























1 comment:

Pages